FULL DAY PROGRAM
- The guide will meet guests in Iseo,at about 9.15 a.m., in Viale Europa (Europe Avenue).
- 30 – Visit of “San Pietro in Lamosa” Church, that was in the past, part of a Monastery, located in Provaglio d’Iseo, founded by Cluniac monks in 1083, enlarged during the centuries, beautiful Lombard Romanesque example, assimilating Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles. An offer of € 1,00 p.p. is demanded … it is possible to buy pamphlets or books. One-hour visit duration.
- Sightseeing tour, by coach, among vineyards and castles (3/4 hour)
- 30 – Visit of a winery in Franciacorta, where the Classic Method will be explained, visiting the different sections of the cellar and tasting, at the end, “Franciacorta wine”!
- 30 – Lunch in a Farm Restaurant
- At about 3.00 p.m., departure for Rodengo Saiano to visit the Benedictine Abbey.
In 1066 the French Benedictine monks from Cluny settled here.
In the XV/XVI century the current Benedictine Order (from Monte Oliveto) made a lot of works and transformed the original small monastery.
Many artists (Foppa, Sassi, Cossali, Moretto, Romanino, Gambara,) decorated and embellished the Abbey.
One-hour and 15 minutes’ duration. Visit has to be booked, calling the number 030/ 610182 An offer of € 3,00 p.p. is demanded.
Visit to Palazzo Torri in Nigoline di Cortefranca, splendid seventeenth century fortified noble mansion. Renovated in the eighteenth century by Peroni family from Brescia, with baroque furnishings and decorations to be a "mansion of pleasures", it has finally been enriched and enlarged by Torri Family, at the end of the nineteenth century.
Paolina Calegari Torri and her husband Alessandro turned it into a real "literary salon", attended by famous guests, where parties, meetings and debates took place. Writers and poets such as Giosuè Carducci, Antonio Fogazzaro and Giovanni Pascoli participated.
Ticket (including guided visit) € 6,00 per person (if group)